AI uses an approach and process that is applicable for any insurance or wider fraud.
For each case a full customised Intelligence Pack is produced, which provides background information, linkages and referencing to guide our operators in the field with the intelligence required to reach a successful, early and certain outcome to their work.
Cases can be reactive – i.e. in response to a claim – or proactive in targeting and deterring specific activity by individuals, groups or agencies.
AI process for a typical case by working day is shown below:
Day 1 – acknowledge receipt and allocate. Basic information sent to investigator and client account manager.
Day 2 – creation of AI Intelligence Pack by researcher (to create full brief from information supplied and researcher’s own intelligence gathering).
Day 3 – investigator sets to work. Time then dependent on requirement and complexity, but typically:
Day 4 – investigation continues and results collated.
Day 5 – report produced.
REPORTING – in all cases:
AI produces a report for the insurer.
All reports contain a recommendation.
Reports are tailored to client needs, and are of evidential standard.
Case management for the insurer includes immediate acknowledgement.
A client manager is assigned to ensure full and rapid insurer communication.
RESULTS – AI has:
A proven track record in both complex and ‘straightforward’ investigations , having undertaken significant assignments for both the UK Government and major UK motor insurers.
Actioned 87% of all cases within 48 hours.
- Closed 100% of the cases investigated, with a recommended course of action, either settle, contest or repudiate. (A small minority may be temporarily inconclusive awaiting input from the insurer)
- Provided early resolution and grounds to contest or repudiate 85% of the cases.
- Furnished reserve savings which have averaged £8,000 per case.
- Afforded cost savings to insurers as a result of speed, resolution and reduced management time that are significant, but less easily quantified.
- Diminished reputational risk, and ensured absolute discretion.